When you visit and use this website (the “Site”), you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”). Please review these terms and conditions if you have not already done so. This Agreement, together with our Privacy Statement incorporated herein by reference, constitutes an agreement between you and BC Assur (as defined below) with respect to the use of the site. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should immediately discontinue all use of the site.
In addition, please note that these terms and conditions may change from time to time, and it is your responsibility to check for updates.
1. BC Assur Website
This is the Bilodeau Couture Assurances Inc. financial services firm website (hereinafter referred to as “BC Assur”), underwriter of the property and casualty insurance products and services advertised on the site. The site allows you to obtain one or more insurance quotes and to purchase insurance coverage and/or other products and services. You may contact a BC Assur licensed professional regarding insurance products or services at 1.866.482.0999.
BC Assur is committed to protecting your personal information. We identify the purposes for which your personal information will be collected, used, or disclosed and obtain your consent in advance, except where consent is not required under applicable law.
You may contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1.866.482.0999.
3. Ownership of the Site, Rights Reserved and Limited License Grant
1) The site consists of various graphics, text, icons, buttons, videos, audio clips and other files, images, illustrations, text, trademarks, source code, multimedia clips, trade names, software, and the selection and arrangement of the site content and other materials (collectively, the “site content”), which have been provided by BC Assur and/or other individuals and entities. BC Assur either owns or has acquired licenses to its intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks, and trade names, in the information on the site, including, without limitation, site content. Accordingly, the site is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights and laws. You hereby acknowledge that the site and each component of the site (including, without limitation, the site content) are protected to the fullest extent permitted by law – including, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, patents and all other applicable intellectual property and other laws. Your use of the site and/or any site content does not grant or transfer to you any ownership or other rights on the site or any site component (including, without limitation, the site content) and, except as expressly provided, nothing contained herein or in the site or site component (including, without limitation, the site content) shall be construed as conferring upon you or any other person or entity any license under any intellectual property or other rights of BC Assur or any third party. All rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are expressly reserved to BC Assur.
2) Certain names, graphics, logos, icons, designs, words, titles, or phrases contained on the site and/or the site content may constitute trademarks, registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks (collectively, the “Trademarks”) of BC Assur or other individual third parties or entities.
Trademarks may or may not be registered in Canada and other countries, as applicable. All trademarks not owned by BC Assur are the property of their respective owners, and when used by BC Assur, are used under license or with permission. All trademarks are and will remain the exclusive property of their respective owners. Any use of trademarks, except as expressly provided herein, without the express written permission of the trademark owner is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein, the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license to use any trademark. You agree not to take any action that would conflict with the proprietary rights of BC Assur, or any third party, in trademarks.
3) As a user of the site, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license under the intellectual property rights that BC Assur is authorized to license, download, view and print the information solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with your use of the site, provided that you accept full responsibility for any consequences of such use; Any other use of information is prohibited. This information may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, changed, adapted, modified, published, translated, defaced, transmitted, distributed, displayed, sold, or broadcast in any manner or form without the prior written consent of BC Assur.
4) You may not: (i) cover or obscure banner ads on the site through HTML/CSS code, scripting language, or any other means; (ii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the site, networks connected to the site, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure used to operate and maintain the site; iii) circumvent measures used to prevent or restrict access to the site; iv) introduce automated software or agents to the site, or access the site in a manner that generates automated messages (except as expressly provided for by any functionality BC Assur chooses to provide on the site) or extracts data from the site; v) interfere with, disrupt, or modify the functionality of the site (vi) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) (viii) create derivative works from the site or any site component (including, without limitation, site content); or (ix) remove any proprietary notices of BC Assur, or any third party, from any copy of the site or any site component (including, without limitation, site content); or (x) authorize or assist any third party to do any of the foregoing.
5) BC Assur will initiate appropriate legal action to enforce its rights as it deems necessary or advisable in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. Products and Services
1) Certain products and services referred to on the site may only be available within certain regions or territories.
2) All products and services referred to on the site are made available in accordance with local law, only where they may be lawfully offered for sale.
3) The information and descriptions contained in this site are not intended to be a complete and accurate description of all terms, conditions and exclusions of the products and services. In all cases, you should refer to the terms and conditions, or agreement that apply to the particular product or service. In all cases, the products and services will be governed by the terms and conditions of the applicable policy.
4) The site allows you to submit a variety of information, including information about you or the property you wish to insure, in order to obtain an insurance quote and/or to purchase products or services, including insurance. For example, if you want automobile insurance, we may ask you for information such as the make and model of your vehicle, and your driving habits and experience. We use this information to provide you with an insurance quote and to sell, provide, or process insurance, or other products and services you choose to purchase, as described in our privacy statement. We rely on the information you enter on the site and assume no responsibility if the information you provide is inaccurate in any way. Please note that in some cases, you may be required to provide us with additional information in the form of a written proposal before receiving a quote or purchasing a product or service. We reserve the right to conduct home inspections to confirm the information provided.
5) BC Assur reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to change the authorized methods of payment at any time, including, but not limited to, credit card payment options, or other acceptable methods of payment.
6) Without limiting the generality of any other paragraph of this Agreement, BC Insurance reserves the right to limit, or refuse any purchase you make from us.
7) All purchases are subject to audit by BC Assur at any time and for any reason. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to request proof of identity (in a form acceptable to BC Assur): (i) for the purpose of verifying the legitimacy of purchases and/or information; or (ii) for any other reason deemed necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, in order to complete a purchase transaction in accordance with our interpretation of the terms of this Agreement and/or the terms and conditions or an agreement relating to a specific product or service.
In order to access certain features of the site, you may be required to create an account (an “Account”). If you choose to create an account, you will be required to provide certain personal information to enable us to open and manage your account. When you create an account through the site, you agree to: (i) provide complete and accurate information about yourself; and (ii) once such account is created, update your account information as it changes to ensure that it is complete and accurate. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to BC Assur, regardless of whether you create an account or visit the site as a guest. If you do not provide or update such information, or BC Assur has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have not provided or updated such information, BC Assur has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to prevent you from using the site. We are entitled to act on any instructions received as a result of the use of your password without having to challenge those instructions.
If you have created an account, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username, password, and other information. In the event that your username, password, or account is used without your consent, or you discover any other breach of security, you agree to immediately notify BC Insurance at aide@BC Insurance.ca or 1-844-BC Assur4. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with this provision, or for any delay in closing the account after you have notified us of a security breach. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account.
1) The site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as a reference to help you locate other Internet resources that may be of interest to you. These other sites were developed by entities external to BC Assur, and BC Assur is not responsible for the accuracy or appropriateness of the content of these sites, or the information contained therein. In providing access to these links, BC Assur is in no way acting as a publisher or distributor of the material contained in these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, these sites. BC Assur’s provision of links to other sites should not be construed as an affiliation or association with such sites, or as being legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyrighted symbol that may be contained in the link or link description to such sites.
2) The mention of other entities or their products and services on the site should not be construed as an endorsement, adoption, or sponsorship of the products or services of such entities. You should inquire about and make your own evaluation of any such products and services before purchasing or relying on them. Any transaction that occurs between you and a third-party offering products and services on the site is conducted directly with that third party, and BC Assur will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result thereof.
3) BC Assur is not responsible for the privacy practices, policies, or legal requirements of other sites to which this site may provide a link. If you decide to access any linked site, you do so at your own risk.
BC Assur does not warrant the quality, accuracy, completeness, or suitability of the information provided or any other content on the site. BC Assur assumes no obligation to update the information or any other content on the site, or to notify any person of any updates to the information or other content. The information or other content on the site may contain typographical errors. The information or other content on the site may be changed without notice. Access to the site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You should not assume that the site is error-free or will operate without interruption.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, BC Assur disclaims all warranties, representations, and conditions with respect to the use of the site, or the information, or other content on the site, and any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or accuracy, whether expressed or implied, or arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
Your use of the site and the content on the site is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, BC Assur is not responsible for any information or content on the site, including, without limitation, any information or content that may be deemed objectionable or unacceptable.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, BC Assur makes no representation or warranty that: (i) the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) will be compatible with your computer, mobile, or other device and/or software; (ii) the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, Site Content) will be available or functional without interruption, or error iii) use of the site, or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content), including browsing and downloading any information or materials, will be free of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other items of a destructive, intrusive or disruptive nature (iv) the transmission of information to or from the site will be secure; (v) use of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) will not infringe the rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) of any person or entity; or (vi) use of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) will not cause damage to your computer, mobile or other device, software, or electronic file.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, BC Assur shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site in reliance on the information available on the site, including any loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, expenses, business interruption, personal injury, or other pecuniary loss, whether in contract or tort (including negligence), even if BC Assur has been advised of the possibility of such damages, loss or expense.
BC Assur disclaims all liability in connection with the unauthorized use or reproduction of one or more parts of its site.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in no event shall BC Assur have any liability to you or any third party: (a) as a result of the use or misuse by you, or any third party of the site content, site information, or any material accessible on or through the site; or (b) as a result of any loss or damage suffered as a result of any failure, defect, interruption, deletion, change, or modification of, or in connection with the site or site content.
BC Assur is not responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage, or receipt of confidential, personal, or proprietary information that you have made or implicitly permitted BC Assur to make, or as a result of any errors or changes in the information transmitted, stored, or received.
These limitations shall apply regardless of the cause or circumstances giving rise to the claim, even if the claim is based on breach of contract, negligence, or other tort, and shall continue to apply notwithstanding a breach of the essential purpose of any limited remedy, a breach of any exclusive remedy, or a termination of this Agreement. You expressly acknowledge that BC Assur has entered into this Agreement with you and is making the site and each component of the site (including, without limitation, site content) available to you on the basis of the limitations and exclusions of liability and disclaimers set forth herein, and that the same form an essential part of the Agreement between you and BC Assur.
You release BC Assur and its affiliates, and the directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of each (collectively, the “BC Assur Entities”) from any and all losses, claims, damages, actions, causes of action, costs, and expenses that the BC Assur Entities may suffer, incur, or suffer at any time as a result of any claim or demand made by any third party relating in any way to: (i) your use of the site and/or site content; (ii) your breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement; (iii) your infringement of any intellectual property, or other right of any person or entity; and/or (iv) any action that is performed or omitted by you, your servants, employees, agents, officers, subcontractors, or associates directly or indirectly in connection with this site or site content.
The Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee privacy. Communications sent over the Internet are subject to possible interception or forgery. BC Assur is not responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information to BC Assur over the Internet, or that you have implicitly allowed BC Assur to make, or for any errors or changes in the information transmitted. BC Assur will not be liable for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information by you to BC Assur or any third party that you learn of through your visit to the site or by following a link to another site on the site.
While every effort is made by BC Assur to ensure that the content of the site is free of viruses, you should nevertheless take reasonable and appropriate steps to scan for viruses and to maintain a complete and current backup of the relevant data on your computer system. You should pay particular attention to viruses that have been programmed to run automatically when the word processing document containing them is loaded into certain word processing programs.
12.Links to the Site
Except with the express written consent of BC Assur, it is strictly prohibited to establish a link to this site from another site. Except for the use of legitimate search engines available to the public, you agree that you will not use, or permit anyone else to use, any robot, spider, data retrieval device, or other automated device or means to access or use the site for any purpose, without the prior express written consent of BC Assur.
13. Compliance with Laws
1) This site is intended for visitors from Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. You agree that your use of the site will not violate any local, national, provincial, territorial, or international law, including any regulations having the force of law. Some jurisdictions may impose restrictions on the use of the Internet by their residents.
2) You agree not to impersonate any other person in your use of the site or in the sending of e-mail to an address appearing on the site.
14. Choice of Law
For non-Quebec residents, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern the interpretation, validity, and effect of this Agreement, without regard to any conflict of laws provisions of your domicile, residence, or physical location. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario in any action, or proceeding under, or relating to this Agreement and submit to their jurisdiction.
For individuals residing in the Province of Quebec, the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern the interpretation, validity, and effect of this Agreement, notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions of your domicile, residence, or physical location. You attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Quebec in any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement and submit to their jurisdiction.
Certain features and/or portions of the site may allow you to upload, post, or otherwise transmit content or information created by you (“User Content”). You hereby agree not to use the site to upload, post, communicate, or otherwise submit, or transmit through, or on the site any user content that:
i. may, in BC Assur’s sole and absolute discretion, demean, denigrate, or disparage BC Assur, and/or any of its products or services, including, without limitation, the site and/or BC Assur’s public image, or reputation in the community;
ii. shall be deemed, in BC Assur’s sole and absolute discretion, to be defamatory, libelous to any business, pornographic, or obscene;
iii. shall be deemed, in BC Assur’s sole and absolute discretion, to contain, represent, include, discuss or imply, without limitation, any content that is considered inappropriate, improper, or offensive, as determined by BC Assur in its sole and absolute discretion;
iv. contains any reference to, or image of, identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual and their parent or legal guardian in the case of a third party under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
v. infringes, or could infringe, the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights of other persons or entities, or gives rise to any claim whatsoever;
vi. contains viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, or other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and/or
vii. contains (in any format, or medium) any copyrighted music, logo, trademark, or other material (including, without limitation, photographs, illustrations, text, and lyrics), unless you have first obtained the consent and necessary permissions of the owner(s) of such material.
16. Submissions and Content Sharing
1) All information submitted to BC Assur through the site shall be deemed to be and shall remain the property of BC Assur, which shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or other techniques contained in information submitted to BC Assur through the site or by e-mail as set forth in the license provided below.
2) By using the site and providing user content, you hereby: (i) grant to BC Assur, on a worldwide basis, a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, unrestricted license to copy, reproduce, adapt, transmit, modify or otherwise use, publicly display, distribute, translate, and otherwise create compilations and derivative works from any user content (in any format or medium); and (ii) waive any moral rights in user content (in any format or medium) posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted by you to or through the site in favour of BC Assur and any person authorized by BC Assur to reproduce, or otherwise use such material. For greater certainty and for the avoidance of doubt, this means, among other things, that BC Assur is entitled to use all user content and ideas submitted by you in any manner whatsoever, without notice or liability to you. For greater certainty and for the avoidance of doubt, any user content posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted by you to or through the Site will not be deemed to be confidential.
3) Certain features and/or portions of the site may allow you, at present or in the future, to share your user content. You understand that any user content you choose to share through the site may be copied, used, modified, or distributed by other users. Further, you understand that once your user content is shared, it cannot always be removed. You accept all risks associated with your user content, including, without limitation, the fact that a third party may rely on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of such content, or that any information communicated in your user content may identify you or an identifiable person. You hereby agree that BC Assur assumes no responsibility for such activities. You also agree and acknowledge that your user content is not sponsored or endorsed by BC Assur, and you will not imply that your user content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by BC Assur. Please pay particular attention to the type of user content you choose to post.
You represent and warrant that any user content or other information provided through the site is accurate and complete and does not infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, or copyrights or other rights of any third party, including, without limitation, confidentiality obligations to such third parties, and you grant BC Assur the right to permit access to such user content or other information provided on the site. You warrant that any user content (including, without limitation, any software) submitted to BC Insurance is not contaminated with computer viruses, malware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, or any related or similar software or executable program, or any other malicious components. BC Insurance will take all necessary steps to ensure that it is free from computer viruses, malware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, or any related or similar software or executable programs.
17. Intellectual Property Issues
BC Assur respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. If you are the owner of an intellectual property or trademark, or if you are authorized to act on behalf of an owner of an intellectual property, or if you are authorized to act under an exclusive right granted by an intellectual property or trademark, you agree to promptly report any claimed copyright or trademark infringement that you become aware of on the site or that arises through the site by providing us with written notice that includes the following information below:
a description of the copyrighted work or trademark that you claim has been infringed;
a description of the allegedly infringing content and sufficient information to enable BC Assur to identify it;
a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content in the manner described in your complaint is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or applicable law
a statement by you that you affirm that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright or trademark owner, or that you have authority to act on behalf of the copyright or trademark owner;
a statement by you that you affirm that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the copyright, or trademark, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner; and
your physical, or electronic signature, and contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
This notice must be delivered to us at the following address:
269, rue Racine est,
BC Assur reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to modify or change this Agreement or any part thereof for any reason. In the event of a change, BC Assur will post the current version of the Agreement on the site along with the date of the update. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting. If you do not agree to be bound by (or cannot comply with) the amended Agreement, you must discontinue your use of the site. If you continue to use the site thirty (30) days after the amended Agreement is posted, you will be deemed to have accepted the amended Agreement. All other terms of the Agreement will remain in effect.
1) If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
2) No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be construed as a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
3) If you fail to comply with these terms and conditions, or otherwise violate any of BC Assur’s rights, BC Assur reserves the right to seek all legal and equitable remedies against you, including, without limitation, the right to deny, suspend, or terminate your access to the site or any portion thereof.
4) This clause applies only to residents outside of Quebec, Ontario, or Saskatchewan. Subject to applicable law, you agree to waive any right you may have to bring a jury trial or class action against BC Insurance (or participate in one) in connection with the site or this Agreement.
5) This Agreement is written in the English language. Except in Quebec, to the extent that any translated version of this Agreement conflicts with the English language version, the English language version shall prevail. It is the express wish of the parties that this Agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.
6) No provision of this Agreement shall be construed against any party merely because that party or its legal representative drafted that provision.
7) The failure of BC Assur to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This Agreement was last updated on June 21, 2022.
ASSURANCES LEBOUTILLIER, PROUD PARTNER OF BC ASSUR
Get your free quote now!
239 montée de Sandy Beach, Gaspé QC,
8h30 am - 4h30 pm